Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 1: A Roller Coaster of a Ride

I can not believe my baby girl was one week old on Sunday. Many would say that the first week just flies by, but to be honest, in my case, it did not. I felt like each day passed in slow motion.

The first few days were filled with every emotion possible. I was overcome with happiness that she had finally arrived and was healthy but was nervous and scared at the same time. During those first few days I felt like I was watching everything going on around me through one of those double sided mirrors (like the ones in Law and Order: SVU- one of my FAVORITE shows!). I didn't feel present in the moment. But with each day that passed I began to feel more and more like myself- thank God!

Here we are on day nine and aside from being a tad tired and still a little worried about the weeks ahead I feel fantastic! I am so excited for this journey and so excited to see Jillian grow and to watch the bond between her and Jordyn become stronger and stronger.

And speaking of Jordyn- I am one lucky mama. My tiny 2 1/2 year old is my biggest helper. She gets me diapers when I need them, picks out Jillian's clothes, and even cleans up her own room and puts away her own laundry. I have really seen a change in her these past 6 months but as I have watched her these last couple of days I have begun to realize just how independent she is. On one hand I am sad about it- my little girl is growing up WAY too fast. But on the other, I could not be more proud. She is simply fantastic. She loves her baby sister so much and any chance she can help, she is more than happy to do so. We have had a couple of break downs, which can be expected, but hopefully those will pass in time and become less and less frequent.

Here are some photos of the first week of Jillian Claire and the Scherpinski Family:

Jordyn meeting her sister for the 1st time.

Leaving the hospital.

Jordyn reading a book to her baby sister.

Making sure everything is ok!

One week old!


Jordyn Rae and Jillian Claire
 I am hoping to actually capture a picture with her this weekend! Being the one always behind the camera it is hard to remember!

Until next time............

No comments: