Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Bunch of Nothing

I don't really have anything specific to write about today, just a bunch of little things on my mind.

First of all, I am SO excited for Christmas this year. Jordyn has really begun to understand how Santa works and is talking each day about what she is going to ask Santa for when we go and visit him at the mall (which we are doing this Friday). When a commercial comes on the television for a new toy she screams, "I NEED that for Christmas." Tonight we introduced "Elf on a shelf" to Jordyn. This is the first year we have done it and Jordyn decided to name the elf Elmo. She was very surprised to see him sitting on the fireplace and has assured me she will be on her best behavior here on out since "Elmo" will be reporting to Santa everything he hears and sees. She is excited to look for him each morning in his new hiding spot.

As I mentioned, we are going to the mall on Friday to visit Santa. This is an annual tradition with my Mom. This will be the third year in a row. Last year Jordyn refused to take a picture with Santa. Since Jillian will of course be joining in this year I am interested to see how Jordyn will do. It could go one of two ways- she will either join Jillian in order to "protect" her or she will resort to pulling Jillian off of Santa's lap. Either way, it will make for a great picture! :)

I have a test tomorrow for a job I am applying for- fingers crossed that everything goes great. I will keep ya posted!

Speaking of work- I am definitely getting closer to wanting to go back to work. I am a person that needs to work; it is part of who I am. However, up until a week or so ago I was really dreading the thought of going back. I have so enjoyed my time off. In a perfect world I could find a job three days a week but I am finding through my job search that no such job exists. While I am not 100% happy about leaving Jillian every day, I am excited for her to start daycare. Jordyn started at 8 weeks old and I am a firm believer that she has really benefitted from it. We all have our views on working moms and stay at home moms (views that we are all entitled to) but I feel that child interaction is so important at a young age. Jordyn has always been really great around "strangers" because she was around new people from the beginning. Basically what it comes down to is that I want the same thing for Jillian. I want her to be around other children during the day.

Jordyn will be starting preschool after the first of the year and will go two full days. I am so excited for her to start this new adventure and I know she is going to LOVE it.

OK, well I am sure there is more on my mind but I am wiped out and ready for bed.

So until next time............

1 comment:

Kaysie said...

I hope the new job opportunity goes the way you want it to. Saying a prayer all goes as planned! :)