Monday, July 23, 2012

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

To say that this past year has just FLOWN by would be more than an understatement. I know as moms we always say, "Where has the time gone?"...................."Oh my gosh, it goes by so fast!" But this year seems to have flown by so much faster than any of Jordyn's three years.

Jillian has been the most amazing addition to our already great family. I am truly blessed. I feel like I say it all the time, but it is true. John and I are surrounded by a great family who would drop anything to help us out and by friends that ARE family. I could smile just thinking about it.

All in all, Jillian has given us a pretty "easy" first year. Heck, she has been pretty easy from the beginning. Smooth pregnancy and a labor/delivery that any "mama to be" would dream of. Compared to the 24+ hours of contractions that I had with Jordyn; Jillian gave me about 4 1/2. However, before that AMAZING epidural kicked in (it DID NOT work with Jordyn), John told me he wanted to video tape me so that when I asked for baby #3 he could play it back.

My sweet baby is so happy and loving. She adores her big sister and Jordyn is basically OBSESSED with her. Jordyn has been such a help to me over the past 12 months and I really couldn't have done it without her. The moment when you get all the way down stairs with everything you need, just to realize you actually forgot the ever so important diaper, that is where Miss Jordyn comes into play. She is so eager to help. And now that Jillian is walking, they are having so much fun together. We already know that Jillian will be the tough girl on the street because Jordyn has trained her so well (and given her NO choice).

Life is crazy about 23 hours of each day but through the sweat, the stress and the "occasional" tear is a lot of laughter and a lot of smiles. I love my life and ALL is has to offer.
Prepare for picture overload as I recap the last year with just a few of my favorite photos.

The boys "celebrating".
Jordyn seeing "her baby" for the first time.

Our first photo as a family of four!
so peaceful

Lazarus clan

Scherpinski clan; love Jordyn in this picture!

Hi sweet girl

My two love bugs

Jillian's first time in the pool

Love these two.

the "trio"; Mikaela, Jillian and Kesara

GG and Jillian

typical family photo

obsessed with that little doll

happy, happy girl

such a great helper

Mama and Jillian

the "trio" growing up; Kesara, Jillian and Mikaela

smiles all around

much better attempt at a family photo

Yay for a group shot!

Happy 1st Birthday my sweet, sweet girl!

No comments: